11 Things Every Investor Needs to Know About Insurance
Bry Shields is a real estate investor just like you. Well, kind-of like you. You may not be passionate about insurance, but Bry is! Why? Because he’s seen too many innocent real estate investors waste money on damages that they “could’ve, would’ve, should’ve” had covered, but didn’t know any better.
We don’t mean to be doom and gloom, but think about your key exposures:
• Fire, water, lightning, wind and theft
• Tenant caused property damage involving fire or water
• Vacancies or market fluctuations
• Error or omissions claims for brokers and property managers
• Tenant discrimination allegations
• Delinquencies in rent payment
• Legal liability exposures for storage of others’ property
• Privacy violations
• Data breaches of your software or electronic data exposing tenant and vendor data to thieves or hackers
• Board member fiduciary mismanagement allegations
• Auto accidents
• Fiduciary liability if you provide retirement or benefits to employees
• Exposure to work-related injuries under workers comp laws
• Injury of tenants or other third parties caused by slip & fall or other reasons on your premises
Yikes! Calm down. It’s okay. Bry Shields has you shielded :). Well, at least he’s trying to help you out.
Bry’s put together a list of things he wishes every insurance agent would tell real estate investors, but usually don’t take the time to dig into. It’s not sexy, but it is downright necessary. Read this special report and get your shields up!