“Get rich in a niche” is a classic piece of advice for almost any profession. Specialists almost always make more money than generalists. On today’s show, The Real Estate Guys discuss one of the most unique niches in real estate niche: lodging and hospitality.
Joining in the conversation are:
- Host Robert Helms
- Co-host Russell Gray
- Six decade investor “The Godfather of Real Estate”, Bob Helms
- Special Guest: Ed Watkins – 35 year industry veteran and Editor of Lodging Hospitality Magazine
The dialog was lively and informative as The Guys discussed:
- An Overview of the Resort Market Today
- New Trends in the Hospitality Industry
- Boutique vs. Lifestyle Hotels
- The Outlook for Condo-Hotel and Fractional Product
- Opportunities for the Investor in the Resort Space
While the hotel business is flat and financing is almost non-existent, we discovered the picture is quite different in the boutique space.
We also contrasted the condo-hotel model (think City Center in Las Vegas) to the concept of “fractional” ownership. We’ve heard great things about fractional structures and Ed was able to share some interesting and valuable perspectives. There’s no substitute for 35 years at the center of an industry when it comes to being aware of cycles, distinguishing between fads and sustainable trends, and having one’s thumb on the pulse of a niche market.
We closed, as always, asking where the opportunities are for today’s investor and Ed gave us some great ideas to think about!
- Visit our Special Reports library.
- Don’t miss an episode of The Real Estate Guys™ radio show. Subscribe to the free podcast!
- Stay connected with The Real Estate Guys™ on Facebook!
The Real Estate Guys™ radio show and podcast provides real estate investing news, education, training and resources that help real estate investors succeed.