Boise Market Report
Opportunities abound in this hidden western gem …
life is booming in Boise!
You may not think of Boise, Idaho, first when you think of hot markets on the move … but you should.
It’s called the “Treasure Valley” for a reason.
Up-and-coming areas of the metro like Nampa, Idaho … 20 miles west of Boise … are thriving economically and culturally.
Boise’s location is ideal for reaching all the markets in the western U.S. The sprawling metro is just 400 miles from Portland’s seaport terminal and 360 miles northwest of Salt Lake City’s distribution hub.
That means that in 2019 it was possible to reach over 66 million consumers within a 750 mile radius of the Boise metro area.
But you don’t have to go far to find a population ready and eager to take advantage of the city’s amenities.
The population is steadily growing … reaching over 709,000 in the 2010 census … which means opportunities abound for real estate investors.
In 2018, 66.41% of housing in the Boise metro area was renter-occupied.
Quality of life is high with a variety of major industries like agribusiness, manufacturing, retail, tech, and healthcare offering employment opportunities.
The metro’s largest employers include retail giant Walmart, international manufacturer Plexus Corp, and healthcare providers like St. Alphonsus Medical Center.
Agribusiness is a staple of Idaho’s economy. Major industry players like Amalgamated Sugar Company are headquartered in Boise.
The area is also home to four universities … College of Western Idaho, Northwest Nazarene University, The College of Idaho, and Boise State University.
In the Treasure Valley, costs are low and quality of life is high … the area is rich in natural beauty, local history, and culture.
There are so many reasons why life … and investment … can be beautiful in Boise.
Explore the resources below to get to know Boise better …
Reports & Articles
Market Field Trips & Property Tours
- Coming Soon!
Clues in The News
- Here Are 2020’s Top Real Estate Markets: Affordable Alternatives to Megapricey Cities – December 12, 2019
- Affordable senior housing construction continues in Nampa – September 5, 2019
- Boise-area housing prices are rising faster than anywhere else in the U.S. – August 27, 2019
- Syngenta finishes $30 million expansion in Nampa – August 23, 2019
- In Boise and Grand Rapids, the Housing Market Looks Red Hot – August 11, 2019
- Boise ZIP code among the ‘hottest’ in the nation when it comes to home sales – July 31, 2019
- Iconic Nampa cheese factory grows into an industry leader – July 28, 2019
- Nampa parking garage revenue triples since 2015 – July 27, 2019
- Anticipated Amazon land in Nampa transferred to new owners – July 19, 2019
- Idaho Transportation Department to begin widening I-84 in Nampa – July 8, 2019
- Boise’s next budget climbs to $764 million. Here are the city’s funding priorities. – June 25, 2019
- New offices for Fish and Game in Nampa – June 12, 2019
- Taiwanese dairy manufacturer to build new facility in Nampa – June 11, 2019
- ‘Bringing Nampa back to its glory’: City receives $100k donation for downtown revitalization efforts – June 6, 2019
- California company buys Karcher Mall, plans $30M multi-purpose development – May 16, 2019
- Nampa’s population has doubled since 2000. The city’s growth isn’t stopping anytime soon. – May 1, 2019
- Is the Treasure Valley ready for the massive population growth expected by 2040 – April 25, 2019
- Nampa becomes third Idaho city to reach 100,000 residents, Treasure Valley passes 710,000 population mark – April 23, 2019
- St. Luke’s to open new cancer treatment center in Nampa – April 11, 2019
- Nampa approves 95-acre subdivision near Lake Lowell – March 18, 2019
- Boise – again – takes top billing in Best Places to Live list – March 14, 2019
- New 33,000-square-foot youth sports center coming to Nampa – March 7, 2019