Sometimes called the “bridge to the world,” Panama holds
a myriad of investment opportunities within its narrow borders
You might not have heard much lately about this Central American country, but it’s been on our radar for a while. More and more vacationers have been drawn to Panama in recent years – from 2004 to 2014, the nation’s visitors essentially tripled. In fact, 2016 was Panama’s biggest tourism year ever, leading to the country being placed on Forbes’ annual top destinations list while also reporting a 22 percent increase in visitors during the previous year.
A tropical isthmus bordered by the Pacific Ocean on one side and the Caribbean on the other, Panama is not only a nice place to visit … it’s a nice place to retire.
Panama has one of the fastest growing economies in the region due to increased foreign property demand. Because it is easy to apply and qualify, the country boasts one of the most popular permanent residency visa programs in the world … yet another reason retirees are flocking to Panama’s sunny shores.
In addition, its economy has been bolstered by several long-term infrastructure projects, including the expansion of the Panama Canal. The first cruise ship passed through in spring 2017, opening the way for increased tourism. All this means that property prices and rental yields are on the rise.
Panama’s calm, mild climate also makes it the perfect place for high-demand crops like coffee and precious hardwoods. We’ve highlighted several agricultural investment opportunities on our podcast, and most of them are in … you guessed it, Panama! Agricultural investing can be a great way to diversify your portfolio, protect your nest egg, become an international investor, and provide long-term security.
Take some time to discover Panama! We’ve compiled a list of helpful resources below. Dig in!
- Farming for Profits with Agricultural Investing
- Farming for Profits Part 2 – Cash Flow vs. Legacy Investing
Reports & Articles
Market Field Trips & Property Tours
- Coming Soon!
Clues in The News
- Top 10 Best Places for Overseas Real Estate Investment in 2018 – January 9, 2018
- Panama: the great connection – November 9, 2017
- Tourism boom leads to new hotels in Panama City Beach – October 31, 2017
- Upcoming Public Infrastructure Projects in Central America – October 17, 2017
- Dubai Chamber to boost trade ties with Panama – October 3, 2017
- Travel & Tourism Competitiveness Index – 2017
- Strong Panama Real Estate Market Only Getting Stronger – September 11, 2017
- World Economies – August 14, 2017
- Panama City Beach reports record-breaking tourism for June – August 10, 2017
- Expanded Panama Canal Proves Beneficial to US Industrial – August 9, 2017
- Record Coffee Earns $601 Per Pound at Best of Panama Auction – July 26, 2017
- China Says Panama’s Economy to Benefit from Bilateral Diplomatic Ties – June 26, 2017
- Copa Is Poised to Grow as Latin American Economy Recovers – June 16, 2017
- Panama cozies up to China, OAS calls out Venezuela – June 13, 2017
- Breakout Role: Panama Still Under the Radar – May 16, 2017
- Panama Seeks Adventurers, not Tourists, in New Campaign – May 12, 2017
- Largest Ship to-date Transits Expanded Panama Canal – May 2, 2017
- First Cruise Ship Enters Expanded Panama Canal – April 29, 2017
- Panama Seen Regaining Crown as Region’s Fastest Growing Economy – April 6, 2017
- The 10 best places in the world to retire in 2017 – January 9, 2017
- Panama’s economic boom continues, and house prices are rising strongly – December 22, 2016
- The surprising destinations where tourism boomed in 2015 – April 21, 2016