St. Louis Metro Market
Looking for solid returns in a market that can weather financial storms?
St. Louis is the place for you!
St. Louis is more than just a bustling port city … it’s the LARGEST metro area in Missouri, not to mention one of the largest in the U.S. It is home to nine Fortune 500 companies and a major player in the technology, healthcare, and agriculture industries.
St. Louis weathered the 2008 market crash like a pro. Today, it has a steadily growing market and high home sales.
In 2017, St. Louis demonstrated the highest year-over-year growth in the nation in both the number of home sales and number of homes for sale. The multifamily housing market generated $425 million in sales in the first six months of 2017.
Due to rising demand, the market value of residential properties grew by 12%in the past two years. Vacancies are at a record low, and tenant demand is matching construction rates. Its low interest and tax rates are an added bonus!
Within the educated millennial demographic, St. Louis demonstrates a solid rate of growth.
Millennials are attracted to St. Louis’ job opportunities and vibrant culture, making it a top-10 city for millennial home ownership.
Why so popular?
- Affordability. Despite a rising demand for housing, the median rent in St. Louis is $900.
- Low cost of living. It costs 5.4% less than the national average for residents to live in St. Louis.
- High quality of life. Free museums, one of the best zoos in the world (also free!), a robust sports culture, and family-friendly communities make St. Louis a great place to live.
- Education opportunities. St. Louis is home to almost 40 colleges and universities.
- Strong job growth and infrastructure. St. Louis is the fastest growing city in the startup scene and shows robust job growth in many industries.
Speaking of job growth, St. Louis shows no signs of stopping. With a 4% unemployment rate … lower than the already low national average … St. Louis is BOOMING and shows no signs of stopping.
Due to its high capacity for handling grain barges, St. Louis is known as the Agricultural Coast of America. The city is strategically positioned to become a major player in transporting high-demand agricultural products like corn and soybeans.
And St. Louis boasts 25,200 clean-energy jobs … more than double that of any other urban area in the state and a strong sign of a rapidly growing clean-energy industry within the state. The city has also added more than 2,000 tech jobs in the past year.
St. Louis isn’t a temporary craze. The city shows signs of sustainable long-term growth … and we expect this metro area to make steady, reliable progress for years to come.
Reports & Articles
- Coming Soon!
Market Field Trips & Property Tours
- Coming Soon!
Clues in The News
- Where Buyers Are Cashing In! The Top 10 U.S. Markets for Flipping – October 14, 2019
- The Pace of Job Growth Is Accelerating in … – March 16, 2019
- 20 Cities Where a $50,000 Salary Goes the Furthest – March 7, 2019
- 25 Best Cities for Jobs 2018 – October 16, 2018
- Real estate interest rates remain low in St. Louis – September 11, 2017
- Report: Missouri sees strong growth in ‘clean energy’ jobs – September 10, 2017
- Table of experts: Commercial real estate in St. Louis – August 18, 2017
- St. Louis’ self-storage industry is booming – August 7, 2017
- St. Louis lands on national list for highest real estate returns – August 7, 2017
- St. Louis multifamily sales on pace for another record-setting year – August 3, 2017
- St. Louis Is a Top 10 City for Millennial Home Ownership – July 20, 2017
- Financial expert discusses millennial housing – July 14, 2017
- St. Louis residential property rising in value, according to latest city reassessment – May 9, 2017
- St. Louis Real Estate Is Smoking Hot Right Now – April 24, 2017
- Top 10 Markets to Own Rental Homes – April 21, 2017
- Where Educated Millennials Are Moving – January 12, 2017
- Hot St. Louis Housing Market Showed Biggest Growth in U.S., Redfin Reports – November 28, 2016