Seminar & Workshop Participation Terms & Conditions
Good for you! It’s always smart to read the fine print. So we have lots of it here for you (you can thank our lawyers)…
Here’s a short summary … and then you can delve into all the details at your leisure!
1. By registering for the event, you are agreeing to all the terms of this agreement. If you don’t agree, don’t sign up. But call us so we can talk about it … if it’s a deal breaker for you.
2. Event registration fee does NOT include transportation to and from the event venue, any meals, or hotel accommodations … unless we specifically confirm it in writing. Once you’re registration is received, we’ll confirm back with the event hotel info in case you want to stay there (STRONGLY recommended).
3. REFUNDS – If your plans change (we hope not) and you need to cancel, refunds will be issued subject to the following PER PERSON cancellation fees: > 90 days prior, full refund less $100 processing fee; 30 -89 days prior, full refund less $250 professing fee; 8-29 days prior, the GREATER of 50% of payment received or $500 processing fee ; <7 days prior, NO REFUND (sorry to shout … just want to be CLEAR).
4. Do NOT make non-refundable travel arrangements until AFTER we confirm your registration. We’re not responsible for any losses you suffer for non-refundable travel expenses.
5. We’re going to audio and video tape. We might capture your voice or image. We might use it to promote future seminars, decorate our website, or whatever we feel like. You’re okay with that. If you’re horribly shy, let us know and we’ll do our best to keep you hidden … but NO promises.
6. No one can promise you success. You’re a grown up and you accept FULL and SOLE responsibility for your own decisions, actions, and results. Even if you get the idea from one of our speakers or a fellow attendee. If you make a bazillion dollars, you get to keep it. If you make a mistake and it costs you, that’s on you too.
7. If something bad happens, you’re not blaming us, our speakers, the hotel staff, the taxi cab driver, the airplane pilot, the shoeshine guy, or any of the other attendees. See #6.
8. If you get so excited at the seminar that you have a heart attack, or you trip and fall running to get your picture taken with one of the speakers, or you get a really bad paper cut from your seminar workbook…you’re authorizing medical treatment as needed. Our lawyers don’t want us getting sued for giving you a band-aid.
9. Take ALL the notes you want. But there’s no video or audio recording of presentations or private conversations. This is all copyrighted material and we need to maintain complete control over its duplication and distribution. So NO posting pictures of seminar content online for your friends at home you didn’t register. And you’re not the NSA, so don’t tape record your neighbor or any speakers … even during the breaks … without their EXPRESS consent. Selfies with cool people is cool … if they’re cool with it. Cool?
See? Pretty simple.
But just in case that wasn’t enough fun, here’s all the filler….
Seminar Participation Agreement
The Real Estate Guys™ seminar or workshop (“Event”) is organized by REGR Enterprises LLC dba The Real Estate Guys™, in association with WOW Enterprises, Inc., and various other related corporations and individuals (collectively, “Sponsor”).
As a condition of participation in the Event, YOU (“Participant”) understand and agree to the following terms and conditions:
Name and Likeness Release
At various times and places during the Event, Sponsor may photograph, video or audio record, or otherwise capture Participant’s image, name or voice (“Participant’s Likeness”). Participant grants permission to Sponsor to utilize Participant’s Likeness for any and all purposes related to promotion and publicity for future events including, but not limited to seminars and field trips, using any and all manner or media, throughout the world, in perpetuity.
Participant waives any right to inspect or approve any finished product or any advertising copy that may be used in connection herewith or the use to which it is applied. Participant warrants that he/she has the right to make this release, and that by granting this release and the rights conveyed thereby, Participant is not infringing on the rights of any third party. Participant assigns to Sponsor all rights, title, and interest, including full rights of assignability, in any and all media in which Participant’s Likeness has been captured in connection with the Event.
Assumption of Risk
Participant understands and agrees that Sponsor does not provide any implied or explicit warranty as to the veracity or reliability of any material or information, and that the ideas and opinions expressed by the speakers do not necessarily represent the views of the Sponsor. In all cases, the material presented, whether orally, by recording, in print, or through any other media, should never be construed as specific legal, tax, investment or business advice. The information presented is for educational and entertainment purposes only and Participant assumes sole and full responsibility for his or her own decisions and actions. Participant should consult with his or her own properly qualified and retained professional advisors before embarking on any business or investment venture.
Liability Release and Indemnity Agreement
Participant hereby release and forever discharge and agree to save and hold harmless Sponsor and their respective affiliates, including volunteers, officers, employees, and agents of any and all of them, and the other participants in the Event (each such entity or individual referred to herein as “Released Party”) of and from any and all damages, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any kind or nature that are caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in part by the action, negligence, and/or failure to act of any Released Party and that may arise out of or in connection with the Event.
In connection with any injury that Participant may sustain or other medical condition Participant may experience during participation in or attendance at the Event, Participant authorizes any emergency first aid, medication, medical treatment or emergency surgery deemed necessary by the attending medical personnel if Participant is not able to act on my own behalf.
Similarly, Participant grants such permission on behalf of any minor children or other persons attending the Event for whom Participant has authority for such decisions.
Severability of Provision
Participant agrees that the foregoing releases are intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by law.
Any provision herein found by a court of valid jurisdiction to be void and unenforceable shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision herein.
BY REGISTERING FOR THIS EVENT, PARTICIPANT AFFIRMS HAVING READ AND UNDERSTOOD THIS PARTICIPATION AGREEMENT INCLUDING THE NAME AND LIKENESS RELEASE AND THE LIABILITY RELEASE AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT. PARTICIPANT UNDERSTANDS THAT BY ACCEPTING THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS IN THEIR ENTIRETY, PARTICIPANT HAS FORFEITED SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS. PARTICIPANT HAS VOLUNTARILY AGREED TO THESE TERMS.