Charlotte Market Report
Southern charm meets urban resources.
The Queen City is calling all investors!
You dream of a place where tree-lined streets and craftsman-style homes blend together with an aggressively growing economy. WELL WAKE UP! This investor’s dream is a stunning reality. It’s Charlotte.
With 7.4 million people living within in a 100-mile radius, Charlotte is southern royalty. That’s probably why it’s nicknamed the Queen City. (Ok, it’s actually named for Queen Charlotte, wife of Great Britain’s King George III, but we like our answer.)
Charlotte’s central access to MORE THAN HALF of the nation’s 51 metropolitan markets has positioned it to emerge as the financial, distribution, and transportation center for the entire urban region. It’s the only major distribution center midway between the Northeast, Midwest, and Florida markets. Oh, and did we mention it has become the second largest banking center in the United States?
For all these reasons and more, Charlotte is ranked as the second best business climate in North America. Major corporations have taken note, with 291 of Fortune’s top 500 companies calling Charlotte home. If you look to the city skyline, you’ll see FIVE new skyscrapers under construction.
All that business means more people, and people need a place to live…THAT MEANS CASH FLOW FOR INVESTORS.
Charlotte attracts a wide range of age groups and demographics. It ranks #8 on the list of cities most moved to by millennials. It’s also the 5th top moving location for retirees. Got kids? No problem. Charlotte comes in #7 on the list of best environments for families. Basically, everyone is moving there. It was the #1 destination for one-way moving truck rentals in 2016.
If you’re looking for the next big real estate market, look south. Look to Charlotte. And look to our list of helpful resources …
Reports & Articles
Market Field Trips & Property Tours
- Coming Soon!
Clues in The News
- 25 Best Cities for Jobs 2018 – October 16, 2018
- Charlotte ranked 4th in hottest real estate markets, study shows – January 9, 2018
- These NC cities ranked among the best real-estate markets in the US for 2017 – September 6, 2017
- Here’s why big-money Wall Street players have bought thousands of Charlotte homes – August 31, 2017
- The 10 Big U.S. Cities With the Fastest-Growing Economies – August 9, 2017
- Allstate to bring 2,250 jobs to Charlotte over 3 years – August 9, 2017
- Work Hard, Play Hard! The 10 Best Cities to Launch a Career – July 31, 2017
- There’s another building boom in Charlotte — 55-and-older active living communities – July 21, 2017
- The Demand for New Development is There – July 19, 2017
- Secondary Markets Poised for Industrial Growth – July 10, 2017
- What Are The Top Tech Hubs? 25 Cities Ranked – June 19, 2017
- 15 Charlotte neighborhoods still haven’t recovered from the Great Recession – June 19, 2017
- WSOC-TV launches Telemundo Charlotte – March 10, 2017
- NBA All-Star Game will return to Charlotte in 2019 – May 24, 2017
- Taylor Morrison Opens Stafford at Langtree Near Charlotte, NC – May 23, 2017
- New hotel in heart of Charlotte unlike any other – May 9, 2017
- Charlotte’s 12 Best Suburbs: 2017 – March 28, 2017
- 20-story InterContinental hotel to rise atop Carolina Theatre in Charlotte – March 28, 2017
- Four North Carolina Billionaires Make 2017 Forbes List – March 21, 2017
- The hottest housing zip codes in Charlotte – February 28, 2017
- Amazon opening Charlotte distribution center – October 11, 2016
- Charlotte Top Market For Growth of Highly Skilled Tech Workers – July 5, 2016
- 10 Cities Americans Are Moving To Right Now (And 10 They Are Leaving) – June 7, 2016
- Charlotte’s New $300 Million Twin Skyscraper Development Will Bring Thousands of Jobs – May 5, 2016
- Charlotte Douglas jumps to fifth-busiest airport in the nation – April 11, 2016
- Charlotte, other NC metro areas on Forbes list of Best Place for Business and Careers – August 8, 2013