For real estate investors, there’s a lot to like about Dallas.
First, it’s huge. Big markets mean lots of people, political clout, infrastructure and lifestyle amenities. Big also means economically diverse. All these things are important for long term stability.
And speaking of stability, Dallas (and really, the entire Dallas-Fort Worth “metro-plex”) turned out to be one of the best economies and real estate markets going through the Great Recession. We don’t know about you, but when things are shaky, we think stable is good.
Dallas is the economic capital of Texas, although Texas has three other major metros that are also pretty strong. And while there are lots of industries there, we’re partial to energy and distribution. Why? Because it’s impossible to outsource those jobs and they bring money into Dallas from elsewhere. That’s always good for a regional economy.
After having done many market field trips to Dallas, we’ve learned a ton. And we continue to monitor Dallas today.
Come visit Big D on a field trip! Meanwhile, here are some helpful resources we trust you’ll find useful:
Reports & Articles
- Dallas Market Report – February 10, 2017
- Dallas home prices up almost 9 percent in latest Case-Shiller report – April 25, 2017
- Real estate authority asserts Dallas is second hottest U.S. market right now – March 6, 2015
- Home prices in Dallas rise 7.6% ; outpace nation – December 30, 2014
- Dallas-Fort Worth residential rents rose by $600 million in 2014 – December 30, 2014
- Zillow: DFW home values rise 7.4 percent to $356B – December 19, 2014
- DFW home foreclosure filings at 13 year low – November 26, 2014
- Case-Shiller: Dallas-area home price gains fourth highest in U.S. – November 25, 2014
- Texas job growth kept steady pace in October – 30,000 jobs a month for seven straight months – November 21, 2014
- Looking ahead, real estate forecasters see more good times coming – November 20, 2014
- North Texas preowned home sales soared in October – November 10, 2014
- Active Network, Omnitracs relocations could bring 2,000 jobs to Dallas – July 7, 2014
- Dallas-Fort Worth rents his record average high of $888 – July 2, 2014
- Texas adds most jobs in nearly four years in April, unemployment rate falls to 5.2 percent – May 16, 2014
- Toyota’s headquarters employees will face a tight market when they shop for new homes – April 29, 2014
- Toyota to move US headquarters to Plano – April 27, 2014
- Housing shortages fuel big price increases this year in some Dallas-area neighborhoods – April 17, 2014
- Dallas-Fort Worth area, U.S. home prices rise – August 10, 2012
- Dallas area foreclosure rate ticks up – July 25, 2012
- SWBC Real Estate buys land from Hillwood to build apartments – July 11, 2012
- Texas is America’s Top State for Business 2012 – July 10, 2012