Kansas City Market Report
Insanely affordable housing, a booming economy, and delicious
BBQ make this Midwestern marvel a great investment opportunity.
You may think that Kansas City is just another sleepy Midwest town in a flyover state… but THINK AGAIN.
In the last several years, Kansas City has established itself as the next big location for business and investment. As the 6th largest city in the Midwest, 33 major companies call Kansas City home.
Notable business growth in several sectors — technology, engineering, and pharmaceuticals, to name a few — has led to a housing boom, with developers and investors scrambling to keep up with the demand. And you know the age-old lesson: Where there is demand, there is CASH FLOW.
Extensive job opportunities and low cost of living has attracted large numbers of millennials to the area…and they love it! Millennials often get a bad rap, but they make up the largest share of the nation’s renting population. Guess which city came in #6 on Forbes list of best cities for renters? You got it. Kansas City.
The metropolitan area is rapidly expanding and revitalizing its infrastructure to meet the needs of its new residents. Downtown Kansas City is currently undergoing a $6 billion redevelopment project, complete with condominiums, apartments, and offices. A new nine-block entertainment district, The Power and Light District, is quickly becoming a cultural hub. Oh, and let’s not forget about sports. The city is home to NFL, MLB, and MLS teams, as well as the U.S. Men’s National Soccer Team.
By 2019, all of the separate metro services in the city will be completely merged into one state-of-the-art entity. A modern streetcar line has recently been completed downtown, and a new rapid transit bus line is under construction.
What about transporting other materials? More rail tonnage passes through Kansas City than any other city in the country. The metro area also has more limited access highway lane-miles per capita than any other metropolitan area in the U.S.
As you can see, there are plenty of reasons why Kansas City might just be the next investment destination on your list. Get started with our selection of helpful resources …
Reports & Articles
- Kansas City Market Report – Coming Soon!
Market Field Trips & Property Tours
- Coming Soon!
- Coming Soon!
Clues in The News
- 4th Quarter 2018 Market Skinny – January 24, 2019
- KC by the Numbers – 2018 Ratings & Rankings
- 25 Best Cities for Jobs 2018 – October 16, 2018
- Kansas City’s airport sets record passenger numbers for month of September – October 22, 2018
- America’s ‘hottest ZIP codes’ includes KC metro – October 19, 2017
- Work Hard, Play Hard! The 10 Best Cities to Launch a Career – July 31, 2017
- See which Atlanta market will provide the highest ROI for investors – July 27, 2017
- An industrial slowdown? It’s not on the horizon yet – July 21, 2017
- Kansas City just found itself near the top of a very good list – June 27, 2017
- What Are The Top Tech Hubs? 25 Cities Ranked – June 19, 2017
- Kansas City a good place to start a career, graduates say – June 8, 2017
- Kansas City Streetcar Authority Looks to Reconnect Riverfront to Downtown – June 8, 2017
- Guess which metro ranks with Silicon Valley as a top tech hub? – June 8, 2017
- Fish and Pepper: a new team in south Kansas City…and it’s not a restaurant – June 7, 2017
- Boulevard Brewing adding $10 million canning facility – June 7, 2017
- KC metro leads the nation in EV adoption – June 7, 2017
- Plan calls for apartment tower near the Country Club Plaza to get taller – June 6, 2017
- Harmon Construction will begin work on $8.3M Meadowbrook Park – May 26, 2017
- Fast-growing $400M OP company makes big acquisition – May 18, 2017
- Kansas City selected as 1 of 3 locations across US to launch new program benefiting parents and kids – May 10, 2017
- KC-area companies land on Forbes America’s Best Employers list – May 10, 2017
- Plaza 209: $5M+ renovation transforms nine-story apartment tower – May 9, 2017
- Top 10 Markets to Own Rental Homes – April 21, 2017
- Forbes Best & Worst Cities for Renters – January 2017